MICRO MACRO QUIZ: game rules
- Name and rules of the game
- This is where you can find binding rules of the game called MICRO MACRO QUIZ (hereinafter referred to as Game).
- Organizer of the Game
- This Game is organized by JIC, an interest group of legal persons, residing at Purkyňova 649/127, Medlánky, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic, ID 71180478 (hereinafter referred to as Organizer).
- Contact data of the Game Organizer
- During the Game and in relation to announcing the winners and handing over the prize, the Organizer will be available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Game starts on February 1, 2022, at 00:00:00 am, and ends on March 31, 2022, at 23:59:59 pm. For the purposes of drawing the weekly prizes, the Game consists of eight rounds, each ending by the end of a calendar week.
|1st round||Feb 1-6, 2022|
|2nd round||Feb 7-13, 2022|
|3rd round||Feb 14-20, 2022|
|4th round||Feb 21-27, 2022|
|5th round||Feb 28 – March 6, 2022|
|6th round||March 7-13, 2022|
|7th round||March 14-20, 2022|
|8th round||March 21-27, 2022|
- The Game takes place online and is available on the Organizer’s website https://www.micromacro.cz/quiz together with more information. Some quiz questions may be displayed using various QR codes located in Brno, with the map of the codes available at https://www.micromacro.cz/mapa. The quiz questions may be shared on Facebook.
- Anybody with a Facebook account who meets the following criteria may participate in the Game:
- At least 18 years old and fully legally competent, or fully legally competent no matter how old (e. g. considered legally competent by the court);
- Younger than 18 years or not competent as required by the Game but approved to participate by their legal custodian who agrees with the rules of the Game.
- None of the participants may be in a labour-law or any similar relationship with the Organizer or any of their close people or any relative of such person.
- The participant shall provide truthful and complete information to the Organizer, necessary to participate in the Game or win the prize.
- The people not meeting the criteria to participate in the Game shall be disqualified.
- The participants may go to https://www.micromacro.cz/kviz and register in the Game through their Facebook account or by entering their email address. Thanks to registering through Facebook, the participant may win points by answering the quiz questions as well as other bonus points described in these rules.
- Each participant may register to the Game only once (through one of their Facebook accounts).
- Each participant may win at most one main prize and one weekly prize. If a participant wins a weekly prize, they won’t qualify for any draw of following weekly prizes; they can still win the main prize, though.
- Game quiz
- At https://www.micromacro.cz/kviz the participant may take part in the quiz and answer dozens of multiple-choice questions from electron microscopy and space technologies. Only one out of the three choices is correct.
- The participant may win points during the Game in the following way:
- 1 point per each correctly answered question in the quiz;
- 9 bonus points for scanning each question from the quiz through the QR codes located all over Brno;
- 1 bonus point for sharing a question from the quiz on their Facebook user account.
- The main prize
- The Organizer shall count all the points won by the participant during the quiz within five working days following its end. The participants with three highest scores will win the following prizes:
|1st prize||Original Prusa i3 MK3S+ 3D printer||Prize for the participant with the highest score.|
|2nd prize||DJI Mavic Air 2 drone||Prize for the participant with the second highest score.|
|3rd prize||Apple iPhone 13||Prize for the participant with the third highest score.|
- If several participants gain the same amount of points to share some of the winning positions, the winner/s will be drawn using a digital random number generator. The one/s to lose the draw will be pushed onto the following position, thus getting a chance to win the next prize. If there are three participants sharing the first position, the one winning the draw will place first. The Organizer will then draw one of the remaining two participants to place second, while the other one will place third. The names of the participants used in their Facebook profiles will be used.
- Weekly prizes
- The participant who took part in the Game during the duration of some of the eight rounds defined in the clause 3 of these Game rules may win both the main prize and a weekly prize.
- Every week, within 5 working days following the end of each of the 8 rounds defined in the clause 3 of these Game rules, the Organizer shall draw 5 + 5 participants for the given round to win one of the prizes defined in article 10.3. During the entire duration of the Game, the Organizer will draw 80 participants in total who will win the weekly prizes. Except for the weeks when less than 10 participants take part in the round, as described in article 10.4. The drawing will be done using a digital random number generator, and the names of the participants used in their Facebook accounts will be used.
- Every weekly round the participants drawn will gain a prize under the following conditions:
|1st group of prizes||5 participants drawn win:||A free ticket to the Brno Observatory and Planetarium valid until December 31, 2022|
|2nd group of prizes||5 participants drawn win:||
A free ticket to VIDA! Science Centre, valid until December 31, 2022
In case ten or fewer participants take part in a weekly round, each of them will win one of the weekly prizes. The Organizer will draw the names of the winners of the prizes from the first group and second group. In case fewer than ten participants take part in a weekly round and some of the weekly prizes won’t be awarded, the Organizer will award the prizes upon the final evaluation of the Game.
- Awarding the prizes
- The Organizer shall contact the winners right after the evaluation of the game quiz. In case of weekly prizes, the Organizer shall contact the winners right after the draw via email at the address provided upon registering for the Game. The Organizer shall ask the winner via email to specify their identification and contact data as well as address to deliver the prize. If the winner is underaged or not legally competent to participate in the Game, the Organizer shall ask them to have their legal guardians fill out the form to confirm their approval of their participation in the Game and approval of the Game conditions. The Organizer shall ask the participant or their legal guardian to send over the filled out form via email.
- The Organizer shall send the prize to the winner within thirty days following the day they receive all the information and documents necessary to send the prize (as stipulated in the previous article).
- If the winner fails to send the information and documents necessary for handing the prize over within seven days following the delivery of the email request sent by the Organizer, they lose their right to receive the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the participant with the second highest score. In case of a weekly prize, the Organizer shall draw the winner again, with the drawing taking place in the same way as the previous drawing.
- The Organizer shall announce that the winners have been picked at https://www.micromacro.cz/.
- Other Game conditions
- Each participant takes part in the Game at their own costs.
- The participants aren’t allowed to enforce the prize in a legal way or require money or any other items instead of the prize.
- The Organizer isn’t responsible for the prizes provided by third parties (contractors). The conditions for the delivery and warranty for the goods or services gained during the Game shall be governed by the conditions of their contractors, including potential warranty claims.
- The Organizer is entitled to check that the participants meet the Game criteria and decide about the winner and other issues in accordance with these Game rules. The Organizer is entitled to disqualify each participant who violates these rules, law or good manners, with no right to compensate the costs or damage incurred by the participant.
- The Organizer shall not be responsible for any loss of or damage to the prizes incurred during the delivery to the winner. Also, the Organizer shall not be responsible for any technical issues, including insufficient internet connection or quiz website outage that may take place during the Game.
- The prizes not accepted by the participants shall remain the property of the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the duration of the Game, terminate, suspend or interrupt the Game, and change the prizes or these game rules. These changes to the Game or its rules shall be announced at https://www.micromacro.cz/Pravidla-souteze where the information about the Game is stored.
- The participants may find information about the Game on the fliers or quiz website that arise from these Game rules. Such information are not considered the rules of the Game and serve solely as informational materials for the participants. This version of the Game rules is the only valid and binding version of the Game rules.
- Data protection and privacy
- The Organizer shall process the identification and contact data of the participants so they can take part in the Game. The Organizer shall process the address of the winner in order to send the prize over, and potentially keep their data in order to fulfil the obligations arising from valid tax regulations. Please see https://www.micromacro.cz/cz/GDPR for more information on the processing of personal data of the participants, including their rights.
- Compliance with the Facebook rules (Meta Platforms Inc.)
- In order to participate in the Game, the participant isn’t required to share the Game on their Facebook profile or like the Organizer’s website on Facebook.
- Meta Platforms Inc. operating Facebook is not an organizer, sponsor or partner of the Game, and it has no relation to the Game in any way.
- Binding rules of the Game
- Upon registering to the Game, the participant expresses their approval with these rules and confirms to be bound by them when participating.